Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Makeup Show 2010

index.html.gif....Where to begin? Ok...(deep breath) so I may have mentioned that I was attending the Makeup Show today and baby what a day it was... My friend Jennifer and I took the Show by storm and set out bright and early to purchase and conquer.
Held at the Metropolitan Pavillion on 18th Street the line started at 830am! We made it in by 930am and stopped at every single vendor (over 75 in total) in search of the next big thing.  M.A.C., Makeup Forever, Korres, Inglot, Shu Uemura, Yaby and many many more were there bearing their goods. Of course I was prepared with a list of must-stop-by's but I couldn't help being drawn in to everything.  By 11am, it was packed but we threw some 'bows and got through it.  Needless to say, I went a bit overboard but I got some great products which I will now tell you about : )

At Stila we got some of their new Smudgesticks which are fantastic and stay put! We then moseyed over to Model in a Bottle and purchased their setting spray which keeps your makeup in place all day. I will be trying that tomorrow and will let you know...  We also spent some time at Hakuhodo and I went a little batty for their brushes. They are from Japan and only available online BUT they make the absolute best brushes in the industry.  Jennifer and I couldn't stop touching the bristles and eventually gave in to purchasing a few for a mere billion dollars (seriously these brushes are not cheap at all, but so worth it especially if you are a Makeup Artist).  I even met the owners son and begged him to hire me as their US rep...in exchange for brushes of course..lol.
The M.A.C. stop had their new body paints and had nearly naked models as canvases.. Amazing work! Shout out to Bradford!!xoxo



At Korres we got the most amazing Guava body butter ever! It smells fantastic and feels like you've drenched you skin in some kind of magic..  I've always loved their products especially because they use natural extract formulations and they work!

At Dermologica, we met Catherine who was absolutely lovely and gave us some great samples.  Cant wait to try them!
After a once-round, we decided to sit in on a Makeup Forever seminar on their Aqua Eyes products - which I love because they truly are waterproof and they come in gorgeous colors!

Embryolisse was present with their amazing Lait-Creme Concentre.. I have heard so much about this product from other Makeup Artists so I decided to give it a try. This is another product I will get back to you on but I have a good feeling about it already. Its a face moisturizer which is supposed to create a "natural barrier" to protect the skin. Stay tuned for a review...
Around 230pm I ran into Valente (from the Tyra.com shoot, remember?) and took him back over to Hakuhodo so he could experience the brush-gasm we had earlier. He of course loved them too and while I was there I bought four more (costing the equivalent of a college tuition) and we all left happily ever after... and somewhat in shock at what had transpired within my wallet.  Jennifer gave me a good "SNAP OUT OF IT" slap and after I threw myself on the floor in hysterics I soldiered on as if never happened. : )

So obviously I could go on but its just too much to pack into this post.  However, Im happy to give you more details about the products featured so leave me a comment if you like.

All in all, it was an amazing day! We had a ball, spent too much money, got fantastic products, made fun of the attendees who showed up in full drag makeup as if that were normal for a Sunday afternoon, and ate the most delicious mac and cheese at Cafeteria afterwards. Yes, today was a good day!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day! I want to try the Model in a Bottle. hmmmm? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the post. Now, I need advice on controlling my shine! Particularly my nose and forehead! Geesh! :) Thanks MT! muah!

    ReplyDelete